Job title: Nursery Assistant – Apprenticeship
Location: Walthamstow, E17
Wage: £175 per week
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday to Friday / 40 hours per week
Time spent in training: You are required to spend a minimum of 8 hours per week in training that supports your apprenticeship course.
Course entry requirements: GCSEs at grade C/level 4 or above in English and Maths or equivalent
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body or the Institute of Apprenticeships, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career, providing a concrete foundation for future growth.
Apprenticeship courses available: Early years Educator Level 3
About the role:
My client is a nursery committed to providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment for children from 3 months to 5 years to play, learn and they aim to help each child achieve their full potential in all areas of development. They support the local community and local working parents in providing high class care for their children. Due to continued growth, the setting is now seeking a new apprentice to join the team.
· Apprenticeship training resulting in a nationally recognised certificate
· Competitive apprentice wage
· Career guidance with opportunities for progression
· Retail discounts
· Discounted travel
Job duties and responsibilities:
· To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individuals needs and interest of children in the setting are met
· To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, careers and other key adults in the child’s life
· Support all staff and engage in a good staff team spirit
· To develop and maintain strong partnership and communication with parents/careers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
· To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
· To advise manager/deputy of any concerns e.g. over children, parents, staff, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
· To be involved in out of working hours activities such as training, monthly staff meeting, summer fayre etc
· To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snacks meals, cleansing of equipment etc
· To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Genuine passion to want to work with children
· Friendly, flexible approach
· Excellent interpersonal skills both with adults and children
· The ability to build relationships with parents and carers in order to encourage their involvement
· Enthusiasm and creative mindset
· Motivation and ambition to succeed.
· Keen to learn and develop others.
At Apprenticeship Connect we take the time to get to know our applicants as individuals and understand their career aspirations, potential and skills. Our talent partners match our candidates to the best opportunities to help them flourish.
Apply now to begin your career.
Job Reference: BBH130
Salary: Up to £175 per week + Additional benefits
Salary per: Week
Job Duration: 18 months
Job Start Date: ASAP