Job title: Finance Administration – Apprenticeship
Location: City of London, London
Wage: £14,000 per annum
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Time spent in training: You are required to spend a minimum of 7 hours per week in training that supports your apprenticeship course
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body or the Institute of Apprenticeships, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career, providing a concrete foundation for future growth.
Apprenticeship courses available: Business Administration Level 3
Business Administrator Level 3
About the role:
My client is an exciting, dynamic, fast growing events agency located in London SE1. Established over 16 years, they are one of the biggest providers of Stag, Hen and Activity weekends in the UK. They are also a leading player in Corporate Events sector.
- On-the-job training resulting in a nationally recognised certificate
- Competitive apprentice wage
- Career guidance with opportunities for progression
- Retail discounts
- Discounted travel
- Paid team days out
- Generous bonus scheme
- 20 days’ holiday including bank holidays
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain invoice inbox and ensure accurate and timely recording of costs into the accounting system sage 200
- Ensure full reconciliation between the booking system and the accounting system for all costs of events and amendments made where necessary working closely with the Stag & Hen sales team
- To operate strong controls over all costs, including cancellations and refunds
- Business partner closely with the Stag & Hen sales team and act as their key point of contact for any queries on costs
- Establish strong relations with all suppliers
- Key person to answer and direct telephone enquiries
- Ensure all filing and administration maintained to a high standard at all times
- Work closely with other finance staff where events are changed and refunds are due from suppliers
- Process all UK payments in accordance with payment terms and ensure that Chillisauce authorisation procedures are followed at all times
- Process all customer receipts for Stag and Hen events with accuracy and reconcile this daily back to the Finance payments system.
- Ensure the timely processing of customer refunds
- Assist the Finance Manager and Financial Controller in the production of the management accounts where necessary
- Work with others in the finance team to improve processes and ensure can cope with the growth of the business
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Articulate and confident communication skills
- Good standard of education (5 GCSE’s A* – C or equivalent)
- Organisation and multi-tasking abilities
- Well presented
At Apprenticeship Connect we take the time to get to know our applicants as individuals and understand their career aspirations, potential and skills. Our talent partners match our candidates to the best opportunities to help them flourish.
Apply now to begin your career.