Each year we celebrate the achievement of our learners and the commitment of the employers we work with at our annual awards ceremony. Our awards recognise the quality of training, support infrastructure dedicated to mentoring, the opportunities given to stretch and challenge employees and the progression offered during and after our apprenticeship programmes. We also award our learners for outstanding achievement and commitment.
Nominations for our 2019 awards will open at 9am Monday 9th December 2019 and will close at midnight on Wednesday 22nd January 2020. Nominations will be accepted from employers working with us and individuals studying with us, as well as Apprenticeship Connect employees. All entry forms will be accessible via this page, with the link to enter under each category below.
Marsha Hicks Apprentice of the Year: Awarded to the Apprenticeship Connect learner who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to their apprenticeship programme. This award celebrates the achievement, personal development and commitment of our learners.
Our employer awards celebrate:
- The quality of training provided by the employer which supports the apprenticeship programme
- The support infrastructure dedicated to mentorship for apprentices
- The opportunities given to stretch and challenge apprentices
- The opportunities given for progression of apprentices
Apprenticeship Connect Newcomer of the Year: This award is open to employers of all sizes who enrolled their first apprentice with us in 2019.
Apprenticeship Connect Employer of the Year (0-50 employees): This award is open to employers with 0-50 employees who enrolled one or more apprentices with us in 2019.
Apprenticeship Connect Employer of the Year (51-200 employees): This award is open to employers with 51-200 employees who enrolled one or more apprentices with us in 2019.
Apprenticeship Connect Employer of the Year (201+ employees): This award is open to employers with 201+ employees who enrolled one or more apprentices with us in 2019.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entries will be accepted from Apprenticeship Connect past and present apprentices, emplpoyers who have previously or currently employ an Apprenticeship Connect apprentice and Apprenticeship Connect employees.
- For our employer awards, at the time of entry the businesses entered must have had at least one learner on programme with Apprenticeship Connect for a minimum of 6 months, or have had a learner complete within the last 12 months
- Learners nominated for our Marsha Hicks Apprentice of the Year Award must have completed their programme within 2019
- Each business may apply for one employer award category only
- Entries can be made online using the relevant submission form from 9am on Monday 9th December 2019 and must be submitted by midnight on Wednesday 22nd January 2020
- All categories are awarded on the decision of our chosen panel of judges
- The entries are judged independently without reference to any other scorer
- Judges will be absent themselves from any discussions where they have a vested interest
- Judges will grade each element of the entry form and submit a total score for each entry
- The two entries with the highest score in each category will be shortlisted and notified of their entry status by Wednesday 29th January 2020
- In the case of a tie, other judges are asked to evaluate these entries again to determine a winner
- The judges’ decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into and no reasons given for decisions
- Should the entry be selected as the category winner, the information included within the entry may be used to formulate a case study. Sensitive information will not be made public and the case study will be approved by the award entry submitter before it is released. Additionally, a formal consent statement will be included within the award entry form detailing the conditions of use
- The shortlisted entries will be invited to an awards ceremony where the winner of each category will announced during National Apprenticeship Week 2020
- Winners and shortlisted businesses may promote their achievement, but they must clearly state the year the award was won and include the graphic provided by Apprenticeship Connect in all promotions