Job title: Apprentice Claims Handler
Location: Digbeth, Birmingham
Wage: £180 per week
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 40 hours per week from 09:00 – 18:00, Monday to Friday, with an hour lunch
Time spent in training: You are required to spend a minimum of 8 hours per week in training that supports your apprenticeship course
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body or the Institute of Apprenticeships, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career, providing a concrete foundation for future growth.
Apprenticeship courses available: Business Administration Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework
Course information: Business & Administration Level 2
About the role:
My client are currently looking to recruit apprentices to join their accident management company based in Digbeth, Birmingham. They offer a holistic accident management service to insurance companies nationwide. The successful applicant will be handling enquiries, undertaking general administration duties and making calls to clients.
– Apprenticeship training delivered at your workplace to achieve a nationally recognised certificate
– Competitive apprentice wage
– Career guidance with opportunities for progression
– Retail discounts
– Discounted travel
– 28 days holiday
Job duties and responsibilities:
– As an Apprentice Claims Handler, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
– Making initial calls with new clients and going through claim forms as well as following the claim through, from getting the initial documents signed right through to settlement
– Updating a large client database containing all the information and details of the clients so that other colleagues are able to refer back to this when necessary
– Making regular contact with all clients for updates, chasing necessary documentation and client identification, and ensuring that the clients remain in contact at all times
– Assessing the claim for the need of a credit hire replacement vehicle
– Resolving any issues/questions customers may have
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
– To be able to work in a challenging and fast pace environment
– To be able to work independently as well as being a team player
– To show high attention to detail
– Be PC literate and have experience with the Microsoft Office package
– Be customer-focused and provide excellent customer service
– Good communication skills to build relationships with our contacts
– Good decision making skills
– Problem solving
At Apprenticeship Connect we take the time to get to know our applicants as individuals and understand their career aspirations, potential and skills. Our talent partners match our candidates to the best opportunities to help them flourish.
Apply now to begin your career.
Job Reference: J5944
Salary: Up to £180.00 per week
Salary per: Week
Job Duration: 12 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP